Sunday, July 27, 2014

A note to the reader (Texas, Oklahoma, & Colorado 2012-2014)

I would like very much to take the time and thank you for reading my travel blog. I did not manage to scribe my adventures in a few different places that took place after my Hawaii trip. I went directly to California after the trip to attend and photograph a semenar that took place in Los Angeles. After returning home from the trip, I continued to speak with Kristin with increased frequency and we started dating again. Later that year I took a trip to Denver, Colorado with my good friend Frank in September 2012. I distinctly remember talking with Kristin throughout the entire trip. We visited the museum in town, cycled, ate, and enjoyed the local customs. 
Me at the Museum


 After the trip, my relationship with Kristin continued to flower and we ended up taking some trips the following year. One of which, we took a trip to North Padre with the girls in May 2013. It was around that time that I left my dad's company and moved out of my house and into her townhome. On the trip, the girls began to call me Dad. The trip was loaded with neat things to do and see. There was a distinct moment where, after setting up our chairs and our music, I looked over at my girls and my woman and thought "Life is good". and it was... We went to the Texas Aquarium and even found a German bakery that became a favorite on the trip. We spent most of our days on the beach, soaking in the sun, and watching our toe-heads on their "surf boards". 


Making sandcastles at North Padre 2013
 Fast forward a year, we have been living happily together as a family, still not engaged, however, it was certainly on the horizon. We take yet another trip to Texas in June 2014, only this time we stayed in Port Aransas and Liam was with us. We did much more this go 'round. It was also a birthday trip for me. Some of the highlights on this trip included seeing the aquarium again (this time the kids did the water park inside), going on a dolphin watch, saw a really old tree, and ate at some great restaurants. We also stopped at several different attractions along the way. We saw an old Church from the Mexican Revolution, a really cool cave called The Longhorn Cave, went to Jacob's Well (a deep underwater cave), and even had donuts at a really well known place. I even jumped into Jacob's Well. We have been on several cool camping trips within the state as well throughout the years. We are an active family that seeks adventure and to see the world. 
Mission Espiritu Sanctu
The old tree on Goose Island

At Longhorn cave in 2014
We love creating new experiences. However, I did not write these events down in my journal, but they were important nonetheless. I wanted to fill the gaps in my journey a simply as possible so that you may read on to what may be the most significant trip I have had yet, the trip to the Bahamas...

No comments:

Post a Comment